Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Adoption Story


The two pictures are the ones we received after we accepted the referral.  I have another one when she was younger (around 6 months) but I can't upload them.  In these pictures she was about 8 months.  I have a new one of her now at 9 months and she looks so different.  I am trying to learn how to upload those but my computer genius husband is not home right now.

Her hair looks like she got a buzz cut because she did.  My Colombian friend told me that the custom is to shave off the baby's hair so it will grow in thick and beautiful.  She looks like she will have a lot of hair.  Fits right into the Cordero Perez household.  We are a hairy family.

When I was pregnant with Iliana and Natalia, I used to watch those Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby shows on TLC.  I always felt I could relate with the women in the show giving birth or adjusting to life at home with a newborn.  But my real favorite show was Adoption Story.  I loved it.  I felt the bravery of these parents adopting children from foster care or traveling to other countries to pick up their children.  I related to the other mothers on the other shows, but I wanted to be the mother on the Adoption Story.  After we decided to adopt, Angel watched them with me.  A few times they showed Chiquitines, the orphanage our daughter is currently at and we would try and see every shot or angle of the place knowing one day we would go there.  Soon we will be there and I hope to tape it all so I could share our own Adoption Story.  I plan on interviewing Angel and the girls and sharing it with you and hopefully inspiring others to adopt as well.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and your family Amiee. May God bless your family. I might be calling you when it is our turn to adopt

    Nataki

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great Taki. It hasn't been easy but I am sure it will be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete