Monday, April 25, 2011

Ready to Go!

Our real journey begins tonight.  Bags packed (yes, we got another bag.  Angel got a big hiking backpack).  Checked for passports a thousand times and all of our paperwork for Stefania.  Angel told me today he never knew how much work it took to adopt.  Tons of paperwork.  If I weren't at home, I doubt I could do it.  I don't know how people do it while working full time.  And I am sure legal training has helped with keeping track of all the paperwork.

We are asked if we are going to adopt again and honestly, we don't know.  It is expensive, time consuming, etc. We never say never but right now, I want to focus on the one I am bringing home.

I am so grateful to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging during the whole process.  It is great sharing this all with you.  Thank you Pam, who is house sitting and pet sitting.  I feel good knowing all is taken care of here at home.  Speaking of everyone helping out, my cousin's wife is Colombian from Barranquillas.  She has been excited since the beginning about us adopting from her country.  Last night she called me to tell me she arranged for us to stay with her cousin in Bogota!  This saves us some money and we are so grateful to have family in Colombia. (Besides Stefania.)  What a beautiful thing she did for us.  We are so excited to hang out with her cousin who is a fashion designer and lives in a ritzy condo in Bogota!

My next post will probably be from Colombia.  Yes, I am bringing my computer as is Angel.  He needs it for work and I need it to be connected to you all and to Skype of course!

2 comments:

  1. It's really amazing how quickly this is happening! I'm glad that you found a place to stay!

    ReplyDelete