Thursday, April 28, 2011

Meeting before we get Stefania

I started writing a post for today but it was so emotional and private that I decided to save it for Stefania instead. 

We had a meeting at the orphanage today to find out Stefania's medical history, her habits, her clothing size, etc. We also got to hand in our donations and they were especially grateful for the maternity clothes.  I sure won't be needing them again, LOL.  It was a little hard to be at the same place where my daughter was in another section of the orphanage and not be able to see her but at the same time, I understand it makes it easier for us to process all the information we received.

I did find out yesterday that she had been in the hospital because there is a bad case of the flu going around with all the rain.  (We were fortunate to miss the rain here in Cali but there is flooding all over Colombia).  She developed pneumonia and was in the hospital.  All I thought of was my baby was in the hospital and I wasn't there for her.  They assured me she is much better and doing 100%.  I can't wait to hold her in my arms tomorrow.  I hope she doesn't reject us or get too sad.  But I doubt she will with the love she is going to get from her big sisters. 

They told me she has a temper.  We smiled and said she will fit right in. 

1 comment: