Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Visas

Today I woke up before dawn, dressed my babies and dropped them off at their grandparents house, jumped on the subway and went to the Colombian Consulate in Manhattan to get our special visas. Everywhere I have read that the visas would be given same day, maybe next.  HA!  One week.  It is a scary thing to hand over your passport for a week.  (For me anyway).  I guess those other blogs I read didn't live in the NYC area where there are a lot of Colombians.  The place was not empty, that's for sure. 

And I love my Colombians.  The staff were so impeccably dressed.  When was the last time you saw a government worker here dressed in a power suit?  The woman helping me was so put together.  I felt like a slob.  I even thought I smelled a little like vomit.  (Natalia got carsick this morning).   Unlike my fellow Puerto Rican women who are just like Colombians, (and most Latinos for that matter), I am not into fashion and I don't get my hair "did".  I hear that Cali is like Miami.  I guess I should dress nice and do my hair for Colombia:)  My daughters will love Colombia.  Iliana and Natalia are into fashion and I am sure Stefania will be too...

No comments:

Post a Comment