Sunday, May 8, 2011

Feliz Dia de las Madres

I will never forget this Mother's Day.  One, I have a new baby girl.  I have three girls! I love it.  And secondly, we were taken out for lunch to a beautiful restaurant up in the mountains.  Enrique Frei, runs the Hotel Pension Stein in Cali with such love and caring.  Usually on Sundays, he takes the guests out to lunch to enjoy Cali and typical Colombian food.  Well today, most of the families are gone.  Most signed Sentencia and have gone on to Bogota or were away from Cali seeing other parts of Colombia like the French families.  We were the only ones left in the Hotel.  Enrique took us with his wife and family to their favorite restaurant up in the mountains on the road that leads to Buenaventura and the Pacific Coast.  My goodness to be treated like family is just an amazing feeling.  Colombians are incredible.  My brother told me they were but to experience the hospitality firsthand is amazing.  My husband Angel is like this and now we are in a country of Angels, in every sense of the word. 



It felt amazing to leave the city and get in the country.  The breeze was amazing and the views were spectacular. 


And at the restaurant called La Cabana (with an ~) or The Cabin, Enrique and his family gave me a Mother's Day present.  It was a beautiful wood carved, I don't know how to describe it, but I would use it as a jewelry box of some sort. I love it.  It's as if someone told them what I love because it was similar to one I was going to buy. 


Natalia my baby girl.  I call all of them my baby girls. 

Here you can see how small Stefania really is.  She is getting bigger already.  I know she has gained some weight in the short time she has been with us but she is still tiny.

Today we also sent a surprise video to my mother at her church.  They put together a video of some of the children of the members of the church.  I am sure the last group she expected to see were us sending a video from Cali.  I wish I could've seen her face.



To all my fellow mothers out there, Happy Mothers Day!!!  Just having my children with me, safe and healthy is the best gift I could ever have.



No comments:

Post a Comment