Friday, May 13, 2011

Stefania Aurelie Cordero Perez

Stephania is now Stefania Aurelie Cordero Perez!

Daddy signing Sentencia or the Adoption Decree.

Angel with our magnificent lawyer Gertrudis (standing) and the law clerk who handled the paperwork.  I mentioned my grandmother's name was Gertrudis.  When we looked at the name of the Judge who signed the paperwork, we saw the name Ines.  This was the name of Angel's grandmother.  I am definitely convinced they got together up in Heaven to speed up our process.  It usually can take up to a month to get all of this paperwork done and ours was done in less than 2 weeks.  God, the angels and my husband's good looks and charm got us through:)

The Cordero girls.  The Three Musketeers.  My Charmed Ones:) 

The first thing I am going to do is get my daughter's ears pierced.  If I hear one more time about my cute little boy...  While I am at it, Natalia will get her's pierced for the 3rd time.  Poor girl loses them and the earlobe heals so quickly, I can't get an earring in.  Plus she wants them.

Today we received her Colombian passport which frees us up to go to Bogota.  From there we go to the U.S. Embassy on Monday and should be ready to travel back home by Wednesday afternoon!!!!  I can't wait.  I LOVE Colombia and Cali is now my home as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. but I miss my pets, house and routine.  I can't wait for Stefania to be part of our beautiful life back home.

We are starting to say our goodbyes in Cali and I am getting sad.  I promise to bring my daughter back here so she can see and learn from her great city. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh that fist picture of the two of you with such big smiles made me a little teary! Hurray Hurray Hurray!! Congrats Mama on your new baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of your daughters! Abounding love! The names are such a coincidence! How amazing is that- hmmm!

    ReplyDelete