Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We have been back for 5 days now and I haven't had a chance to sit down and write. We left Bogota early Friday morning. It was a smooth flight to Orlando with no drama. We landed on U.S. Soil at 1:56 pm. At that point Stefania became a U.S. Citizen. I shed a tear while she snoozed. Have I mentioned what a good baby she is? She sat happily without saying a peep.
Immigration took a little while but nothing unpleasant.
My parents and brother were waiting for us at Orlando airport since we had a 5 hour layover. It was great seeing them and introducing her to Stefania who let loose her great baby charm. Iliana and Natalia were happy to see their grandparents, who of course had gifts. We were impressed with the little dress and cardigan my 78 yr. Old father picked out for his 9th grandchild.
Leaving them was sad but we were grateful for the little time we had together.
We took one more flight home to Newark and a quick can ride home where 3 feet of grass in the front yard awaited us. Really spring came that fast and furious in 3 weeks? When we left there was still practically snow on the ground. (Okay
maybe I am exaggerating a little).
Since then it has been a whirlwind of visitors, laundry and getting back into a semblance of routine. I am still tired and pray I start running soon. I miss it and I need build up the muscle again.

1 comment: