Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Magnolia

Magnolia deserves her own post because she is amazing!!!  I know many families who have adopted from Cali have met Magnolia and know this to be true.  When I say I feel I am with my aunt when I am with Magnolia, I am not exaggerating.  She takes care of you like no one else.  And how she loves the kids!!!

Yesterday she took us to her home for lunch.  We took the girls to a pool at her apartment complex and relaxed.  She rescued the girls from boredom.

Here we are at Magnolia's place and notice the little baby under my chair.  She learned to crawl 2 days ago.  Before, she only did the belly crawl and in a week and a half, her gross motor skills improved so much, she is crawling all over the floor,  There are sisters to catch up to, toys to play with.  Belly crawl won't cut it anymore.



I suspect standing will be next because she got on her knees today.

Today the wonderful Magnolia called with even more fantastic news.  We have Sentencia tomorrow!!!
This is crazy fast for the courts.  I feel bad because some families were here before us and they are just getting sentencia today and yesterday.  But I am also grateful.  Our lawyer is named Gertrudis and that was my grandmother's name so I feel there is a little help from above going on.  I'll take it.
Sentencia is when the adoption decree is issued and Stefania will officially be our daughter.  After this, we can get her Colombian passport on Friday.  After that, we fly to Bogota on Saturday where we will stay with our cousin's cousin Edgar.  Hopefully we get started on Monday at the U.S. Embassy and fly home by the end of next week.  To be home in one week would be so fabulous.  I miss my home, my pets, my friends and family.  I am especially excited to introduce Stefania to her new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment